Welcome to the reallymoving forum
Got questions and need some advice? Our forums have answers on everything from choosing the right property, to renting and selling.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What to offer after survey?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What to offer after survey?

Hi,

I have had an offer accepted on a semi-detached house for £90,000. I am in a fortunate position of being to pay for the house outright (no mortgage) – the house owner wanted a quick sale so I think this enabled us to get a good price.

I have recently had the results back from the survey. The survey says there is £30,000 worth of repair work that needs doing. A lot of these repairs are not necessary as I’m sure is the case with most surverys. The 2 major costs on the survey are:

1- Hack off live and debonded pebbledash and renew to match existing (£7,500)
    2- Renew roof covering to principal roof (£10,200)

We knew about the pebbledash before agreeing the £90k price and I’m sure if the roof does need sorting out we can get it done for far cheaper than £10,200.

I am now at the stage where I need to go back with a revised offer. I will obviously try and get the price down as far as I can but this is made complicated by the fact that the owner is a friend of the family and I do not want to fall out with him.

Considering that I was very happy to get my initial offer of £90k accepted. How much would it be reasonable to go back and offer?
Working...
X