Welcome to the reallymoving forum
Got questions and need some advice? Our forums have answers on everything from choosing the right property, to renting and selling.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Government Home Buying Schemes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Government Home Buying Schemes

Hi All,

My issue is I would like to buy a house, but have a houseshare with my current housemates. However, the scehems do not allow sub-letting. That means if I want to buy my own house under these schemes I have to live on my own or with a friend if they buy it with me. I would not be able to live with my current housemates.

These can be found here:

https://www.gov.uk/affordable-home-o...hemes/overview

There are currently 4 schemes, Help to Buy equity loans and NewBuy provide a 20% deposit if you provide 5%, however they state you cannot sub-let.

The Shared Ownership schemes does not offer the 20% deposit.

However... there is another scheme coming January 2014 on the above link: "Help to Buy mortgage guarantees" and this does not state anything about not being able to sub-let. It does state "However, you won’t be able to get a Help to Buy mortgage guarantee if you’re planning on renting out the property"; but the others make a point of stating sub-letting, which this one does not have.

I do not want to 'rent out the property', I want to live there and sub-let the property.

Do you think the scheme coming in Jan 2014 will allow this option or do you think unlikely?
Working...
X