Welcome to the reallymoving forum
Got questions and need some advice? Our forums have answers on everything from choosing the right property, to renting and selling.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Equity/Property ownership shares

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Equity/Property ownership shares

Hi everyone,

My partner and I have made an offer on an apartment and are now in the process of waiting for the mortgage survey to be carried out and going through all our financial arrangements.

As my income is considerably lower than my partner's income -We have agreed as follows:

My partner pays 75% of deposit
    I pay 25% of deposit

My partner pays 75% of of mortgage repayments
    I pay 25% of mortgage repayments

All other fees and bills we split 50/50

My partner owns 75% of the property/equity
    I own 25% of the property/equity

However:
    Someone has suggested that we should pay the mortgage repayments 50/50 - my partner has asked me if I would consider this.

Though I am on a lower income than my partner I don't mind this arrangement but feel that my share of the equity should increase proportionately if I pay 50% of the mortgage repayments?

Am I correct in thinking this?

FYI The mortgage is a repayment mortgage.

Also whatever we decide is this something that we get drawn up with the solicitor handling the conveyancing arrangements?

All advice is most appreciated.
    Many Thanks Justine

Re: Equity/Property ownership shares

I think you'll need proper legal advice. The solicitor handling your purchase should be able to help you.

Comment

Working...
    X