Welcome to the reallymoving forum
Got questions and need some advice? Our forums have answers on everything from choosing the right property, to renting and selling.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is it too late to renegotiate after a deal has been agreed?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is it too late to renegotiate after a deal has been agreed?

There is a property that I really like in the town centre (yield over 5%). Its a wonderful 1 bedroom studio with a great view and has a lot of interest from letting agents. Furthermore I wanted this property from the very start but someone had already made an offer when I began looking for buy to let properties. The estate agent also said it was under offer and the person had put in a few thousand less than the asking price. The vendor also wanted a quick sale as he is funding a London theatre show and I am a cash buyer.

Then last week unexpectedly the estate agent called me to say the previous buyer had pulled out and the property was available. So I rushed over there and on the advice of the estate agent put a bid at full asking price to take the property off the market (there was a real hard sell by the estate agent). The vendor has now accepted the offer.

However I feel I offered about £5000 more than I should have by bidding at full asking. I am now wishing I had started with a lower offer and then worked up, I know its a lesson I'll learn from.

Do I have any options for renegotiating after the deal has been agreed? I don’t want to lose this property or aggravate the vendor so they pull out on me and I haven’t instructed a solicitor as yet.
Working...
X