Welcome to the reallymoving forum
Got questions and need some advice? Our forums have answers on everything from choosing the right property, to renting and selling.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

5% deposit mortgages

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 5% deposit mortgages

Has anyone managed to find a high street 5% deposit mortgage. I keep hearing stories that they're hard to find.

There are several on offer so I cannot understand why clients are having issues - I'd like to hear your version.

Re: 5% deposit mortgages

You can get a 5% mortage using Help-To-Buy withe the government paying for 20% of the equity. But there are strings attached the main one being you have to buy a rubbish quality, small, dark, overlooked newly built home with little parking!
    BRAND NEW HOMES
    Information for UK new home buyers
    New Home Blog The latest news and views

Comment

Re: 5% deposit mortgages

I'm not referring to the govenerment assisted schemes - I've got an equity share associate - here's out it works:

Purchase price - funded by:
      5% deposit
      10% equity share
      85% Halifax mortgage

This scheme applies to both new builds and older properties alike.
      Last edited by Sean.; 11-05-2013, 12:11 AM. Reason: Adding more information

Comment

Working...
      X