Welcome to the reallymoving forum
Got questions and need some advice? Our forums have answers on everything from choosing the right property, to renting and selling.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

made an offer - 1st time buyers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• made an offer - 1st time buyers

Hi,

Me and my boyfriend have just made an offer on a property but we are having second thoughts about what we offered. The property was put on the market at £265,000. We offered £255,000, aware that we would have to pay 3% stamp duty on this. If we were to go back to the agent and re-offer £250,000 do you think this would even be considered? No other offers have been made as yet but the owner is not in a rush to sell.

We love the property but on second thoughts it seems silly to offer just over the 1% stamp duty threshold.

Re: made an offer - 1st time buyers

Honesty is always the best policy - offer £250,000 but make it clear why.

Right now there's a lender offering to pay towards stamp duty costs - let me know if you want any further details.

Good luck.

Comment

Re: made an offer - 1st time buyers

Only a complete fool would pay a few thousand above any Stamp Duty threshold.
      Offer £249,999 and walk away if it is refused.
      Why pay more TAX (£5150 more!) so a greedy seller can get a £5,000.
      You may as well agree on £249,999 and split the extra Stamp Duty that would be payable as cash on completion!
      BRAND NEW HOMES
      Information for UK new home buyers
      New Home Blog The latest news and views

Comment

Working...
      X