Welcome to the reallymoving forum
Got questions and need some advice? Our forums have answers on everything from choosing the right property, to renting and selling.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Council tax confusion

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Council tax confusion

Hi,
    I apologise for posting this in the wrong section, but it's the most relevant area for my question (I think).
    My partner and I are hoping to buy our first home together which we are really excited about. There are a couple of things we are unsure on though.
    Our main pain is finding out how much our council tax will cost.
    We've seen 3 bedroom house which is in need of a cosmetic lift, noting else for £100,000! It's been sat on the market for at least 6 months so might even get away with a lower offer. Anyhow, it's in Hastings and looking on the hastings borough councils website Council Tax Band Values and Charges
    It would sit in tax band E which is £1,973.19... which works out at roughly £165 a month... is council tax really that expensive, I thought it would only be about £120 a month. Can anyone just help me clarify that it is infact £165 a month
Working...
X