Welcome to the reallymoving forum
Got questions and need some advice? Our forums have answers on everything from choosing the right property, to renting and selling.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Advice!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advice!

Hi all.

New here and just after a small bit of advice if anyone can spare the time to reply. Me and my wife purchased our first house a year ago. And we are looking to purchase renovate/modernise a second property to sell on for a profit. If all goes well repeat the process.

I'm 29 and my wife is 28 I've been a heating engineer since I left school and my wife is going back to work part time after having our little girl who is 2 now.

I'm on 40k and my wife is now on 22k

Can anyone spare any advice where to look, books for read etc etc..... Want to learn all there is.

Didn't type to much as didn't want to bore people so if there's anything you need to know just ask.

We don't have much saving at the moment so we are thinking we might do this in about 12 months but want to do all the leg work before we get there.

Many thanks in advance.

Andrew & kim.

Re: Advice!

You could have a look on the internet at all of the property websites such as Zoopla, Right Move, Prime Location, Need A Property etc. This will give you a good idea of what you can expect to pay for a house or a flat in specific area so when you speak to an estate agent you know how much you should be paying for a property. And then you can target a place that would be within your budget and attractive to potential buyers as many of these sites list the local amenities.

Hope this gives you a good start and good luck.

Jeff

Comment

Re: Advice!

Hi Smithes,

Please keep in mind that the market for this type of thing is pretty much saturated. Estate Agents have people queueing up for these types opportunities.

Good luck.

Paul.

Comment

Working...
      X