Welcome to the reallymoving forum
Got questions and need some advice? Our forums have answers on everything from choosing the right property, to renting and selling.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Nice first floor; but ground floor looks like a horror house - any advice?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nice first floor; but ground floor looks like a horror house - any advice?

I have seen a flat I like in a safe, up and coming location in London. It's a first floor flat with the front door around the side and it's in reasonable condition.

However, the ground floor flat looks like a dump from the outside and my immediate reaction upon standing outside the house was "UGH!", and I wanted to walk away before even going inside.

However, after seeing inside, it is really nice - good size rooms and in a good but busy location, traffic wise and in terms of nightlife - on the route home for late night pub revellers etc.

The thing is, I think it would be hard to sell because of the crappy exterior of the downstairs flat - peeling paint, scruffy curtains, dirty windows and front drive has ugly, uneven paving and weeds growing between. But you can hardly force the owner or landlord of another property to do up the exterior, can you?

Has anyone else come across this issue? How likely is it that, were I to buy this first floor flat, I would be stuck with the ugly exterior for donkey's years? Thanks for reading.

Re: Nice first floor; but ground floor looks like a horror house - any advice?

Question is, do you *love* the property enough to want to buy it?

Comment

Re: Nice first floor; but ground floor looks like a horror house - any advice?

ive been looking at conversions , if the exterior looks bad i find this very offputting even if its the flat im not viewing . Id think im not the only person with this feeling. Bear this in mind if you will ever think of selling.

Comment

Working...
      X