Welcome to the reallymoving forum
Got questions and need some advice? Our forums have answers on everything from choosing the right property, to renting and selling.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

why would a house be sold as 3 bedroom plus study rather than 4 bedroom

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• why would a house be sold as 3 bedroom plus study rather than 4 bedroom

Hi,

I am purchasing a new build house directly from the bank as they were repossessed from the builder.

It is being sold as a 3 bedroom plus study - the room they have designated as a "study" is actually the biggest room in the house taking up the whole of the 3rd storey. It has a fixed stair case with bannisters, adequate head height at the top of the stairs a small landing and proper hard door into the room therefore I do not think it is to do with the fire regs invovled in 3rd storey bedrooms.

They are being sold way under market value (confirmed by our sureyors report) for a 3 bedroom let alone 4 but I'm just wondering if anyone might know the "benefit" of it being sold in this manner or whether I might be missing something that could bite me in the behind on resale.

Thanks All

Re: why would a house be sold as 3 bedroom plus study rather than 4 bedroom

The benefit is property under market value - the hazard is that repossessions can be withdrawn unexpectedly as the bank seeks a higher offer.

Either way, hope it works out!

Comment

Re: why would a house be sold as 3 bedroom plus study rather than 4 bedroom

ive seen adverts where a property is listed under a website as 2 bedroom but when you look at the ad , the agent says its a 1 bedroom plus large attic space. In that case although the attic was carpted etc there was an issue in that the stairs to the attic were not of the standard required for the attic room to be called a bedroom so there is probably something that means it cant be called a bedroom .

Comment

Working...
      X