Welcome to the reallymoving forum
Got questions and need some advice? Our forums have answers on everything from choosing the right property, to renting and selling.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

First time buyer

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First time buyer

Hi there, me and my girlfriend are first time buyer and we would like to buy a house.
    We don't know much about how things work, so we'd appreciate a bit of help.
    Things we've done already are:
    -seen the bank and got told how much they will lend us, about £330,000 (which also means that with a deposit of £60,000 we have an idea how much of it will go towards the house (£50,000) and how much of it will go towards the stamp duty £10,000 and an extra £2000 for the solicitor fee)
    -have a rough idea of where to buy it (southwest of London within the M25)

What we'd like to know
    -good location for subsequent letting (we would prefer young professionals)
    we are thinking of Kingston area or guildford but we don't know where it would be easier to eventually let the property.

thanks

Re: First time buyer

Hi Jazzo, Something that I do with my properties is identify if there is a demand for rental in a given area by advertising on gumtree to register interest. You can do this with Kingston town to see if demand is there. Also go and visit some letting agents and see if they can help you understand demand and what type of property tends to let and in which location. Always worth doing the research first in my experience. Hope that helps.

best wishes

Monica

Comment

Working...
    X