Welcome to the reallymoving forum
Got questions and need some advice? Our forums have answers on everything from choosing the right property, to renting and selling.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help - first time buyer - no loft conversion completion certificate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gillian
    replied
    Re: Help - first time buyer - no loft conversion completion certificate

You can ask your estate agent to produce papers for planning permission and building regulation compilation in the past. That’s the only thing that can be done so far as I think

Leave a comment:

• Help - first time buyer - no loft conversion completion certificate

Hi, I am a first-time buyer and am about to exchange contracts. The house has a loft conversion and the sellers told me that they did it after they bought the house in 1983. But when the solicitor asked for the building regulations completion certificate, the sellers said the loft conversion was done about 40 years ago, before they bought the house, and they don't have any documents. How do I know the truth? What proof can I have that they bought the house with the loft conversion done? I know that for example the bathroom in the loft does not have any windows or ventilation, which is contrary to the building regulations. What can I do to make sure that all paperwork is in order and that I will not have any problems if I decide to sell the house in the future?

Thank you!
    Last edited by amindrera; 21-09-2012, 01:20 PM.
Working...
X