Welcome to the reallymoving forum
Got questions and need some advice? Our forums have answers on everything from choosing the right property, to renting and selling.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Getting freehold information about a flat wanting to purchase

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Getting freehold information about a flat wanting to purchase

Hi All,

I'm in a process of buying a repossession flat, but there's a bit of a problem about getting necessary information for mortgage lender.

The building has about 6 flats and I had a chance to speak to a lady, which has one of the flats, and she told me they do not use any external management company and they manage the building themselves. She also told the building is a freehold.

The problem is she isn't very cooperative. Solicitors wrote to her before on numerous occasions and she isn't very helpful, which is a bit of a mystery to me.

Is there a way to get some information without her help? The most important thing for me is getting some sort of 'certificate' which would say the flat I'm buying is a share of freehold. Is there some soft of an office where I could go myself and obtain that information for a lender?

Many thanks,
    Adam
Working...
X