Welcome to the reallymoving forum
Got questions and need some advice? Our forums have answers on everything from choosing the right property, to renting and selling.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mortgage rates dropping after deal agreed

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mortgage rates dropping after deal agreed

I am in the process of buying a house as a first-time buyer.
    I am at the stage of the solicitor conducting the searches.
    The solicitor has just sent me the mortgage deeds to sign to enable them to obtain the advance when it is required.
    However, mortgage rates are now falling. If i sign this deed will i be locked into the mortgage at the rate it states or will i still be able to get the lower rate if my mortgage provider drops the interest rate before the exchange of contracts?

Re: Mortgage rates dropping after deal agreed

Mortgage rates are now falling? The expectation is that they will be going up in the near future, because at some point the Bank of England will need to raise interest rates, and mortgage rates are expected to rise with it.

Comment

Re: Mortgage rates dropping after deal agreed

I was thinking of the government's recent scheme to lend money to banks cheaply, with conditions attatched, so that they wont get the full benefit unless they pass it on to lenders.

I thought this was having some effect on mortgage interest rates - they seemed to have been rising the last couple of months but i've noticed some fall in the last couple of weeks...(?)

I appreciate this may only be a very short term effect.
      Last edited by ameliajane; 11-08-2012, 09:48 AM.

Comment

Working...
      X