Welcome to the reallymoving forum
Got questions and need some advice? Our forums have answers on everything from choosing the right property, to renting and selling.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Early Bird

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Early Bird

Hi

I havent had to move house in over 15years and things seem to have
    changed quite a bit since the last time i did it...

I have decided to move to a new build home (Miller homes) in
    Cambuslang and have found one i like and put an early bird deposit on it.
    I had a look at mortgages etc before i did it and on paper should have
    no problem securing a mortgage. The house wont be ready until this time
    next year but they did mention about contacting me when the house
    was released and giving me two days to accept the price.

Guess i have a couple of questions - should i now be looking at getting a mortgage offer in principal or would i be better waiting till later in the year - possibly when the MI new home thing from scottish government comes out. I really dont want to pay more than a 10 percent deposit but dont know many lenders that do this on new build..

When the property is released and i have the two days to accept - is it at this point that i should be negotiating the price or any deals -

is there any way to find out what people paid for similar properties in the same development - the scheme doesnt appear when i put it into the website that lets you see sold property prices

any help would be appreciated

thanks

Brian
Working...
X