Welcome to the reallymoving forum
Got questions and need some advice? Our forums have answers on everything from choosing the right property, to renting and selling.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Delay due to solicitors not communicating

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Delay due to solicitors not communicating

We're first time buyers trying to purchase a vacant apartment in block of 20 flats. Seller is very keen to have a quick transaction and so are we, as we had to move out of our rented property.
    However, there are huge delays due to our solicitor not receiving Property Information Forms, Replies to Managing Agents Enquiries, and Contract dealing also with Lease Extension.
    Apparently the seller's solicitor is collaborating, but other solicitors are not responding. Estate Agents are also following up but nothing seems to happen.
    Any advice on what we can do?
    Thank you.

Re: Delay due to solicitors not communicating

Ilanto, is the delay being caused by the managing agents, or the vendor's solicitor, or both?

Comment

Re: Delay due to solicitors not communicating

Our solicitor responded this morning to my requests:
      1. Property Information Forms – I have received the Property Information Form from the vendors solicitor but await the Leasehold Information Form and Fixtures & Fittings Form from them.
      2. Replies to managing agents enquiries – The replies will be forwarded from the managing agent to the vendors solicitors (as they request the information) and then forwarded to me.
      3. Contract (dealing also with lease extension) – The contract will be drafted by the vendors solicitors and the lease extension is drafted by the freeholders solicitors.

So it seems to be a combined effort of not collaborating. We've started threatening a complaint with the Solicitors Regulation Authority for stonewalling, but not sure if that will make any difference...

Comment

Working...
      X