Welcome to the reallymoving forum
Got questions and need some advice? Our forums have answers on everything from choosing the right property, to renting and selling.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

what's going on - is the estate agent playing with us?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what's going on - is the estate agent playing with us?

Hi, myself and my husband are first time buyers and have been looking for a decent house for over 3 months now. The reason is that whenever we find something interesting and we book a wieving the estate agent would call us one day or even one our before the viewing to inform us the property has alredy been sold. It happend last Monday when one hour before the viewing they've informed us there is a really high offer made on the property and they were not sure whether we still want to see it. It was a repossesed property, and today, one day befre seeing another property (with the same estate agent) they called us to say the house has been sold!it wasn't even under the offer yetserday! It never happens when we are putting offers on older houses, we need to wait at least a week for them to come back (as they probably waiting for other people to put their offers)
    The estete agent has a monopoly on the market (he has the most properties) and its hard to ignore them while looking for a dream house. I just want to know is it right what they do? Shouldnt they allow us to put our offer?
    I hope it makes sense as I am really frustrated and angry now so my english might be pretty bad (sorry)
Working...
X