Welcome to the reallymoving forum
Got questions and need some advice? Our forums have answers on everything from choosing the right property, to renting and selling.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cedar wood bungalows advise please

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cedar wood bungalows advise please

I am looking for a bungalow and come across some advertised as "cedar wood" bungalows. I know nothing about the durability of such buildings made from a type of wood.

Forgive my ignorance but being made of wood are they subject to wood rot or insect manifestation. Are they as thermally efficient as brick built structures!!! Do they cost more to insure due to possible fire risks etc.

What would be a reasonable life span of a wood based home compared to a brick built home......So many questions. Searching the internet for answers I come up with advertising and no realistic info. Regards......

Re: Cedar wood bungalows advise please

Since posting have done some research but the answers to my questions about maintenance problems with wood built properties remain unknown. The properties refered to were built around world war 1 so they are about 100 years old and are in a preservation area. Something to do with Austin Motors in world war 1. (Hence called Austin village preservation area).Prices range from about £120,000 to £145,000 which is about average price for brick built properties in many Birmingham areas.

Yet to visit but pictures on the internet remind me of "Retirement Park homes" Which don't seem to maintain value like brick built properties.

Comment

Re: Cedar wood bungalows advise please

Its true that durable wood makes durable furniture or other wooden items....If anyone wants to get proper information about any type of wood then he should visit our site for more detail..

Comment

Working...
      X