Welcome to the reallymoving forum
Got questions and need some advice? Our forums have answers on everything from choosing the right property, to renting and selling.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Making an offer before house on market

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Making an offer before house on market

My husband and I have agreed to combine assets with my parents and buy a large house that we can all live in together. The plan was to start looking seriously after the summer so that they could spend some time making some cosmetic improvements to their house.

However, we've seen a house that we all love - its the right price and place and apparently has been on the market since January.

Is it reasonable to put in an offer and say that we'd be looking to complete in November? How could this work - could we make a good will 'deposit' to them to show the seriousness of our intent?

The house is on the market for £650,000. Is it worth offering the asking price because our buying situation is less attractive or should we still negotiate on price. (It has had £20,000 taken off it since it was originally marketed 6 months ago).

What might the vendor/agent expect of us. Will they insist that my parent's house goes immediatel on to the market or could they still have the few weeks that they need to get it up together? (We will sell our own house later - the sale of my parents house will mean that we are cash buyers)

Many thanks for any thoughts or advice.
Working...
X