Welcome to the reallymoving forum
Got questions and need some advice? Our forums have answers on everything from choosing the right property, to renting and selling.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.


No announcement yet.

Flying Freehold

  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Flying Freehold

    Hi I am buying a grade 2 listed house with a flying freehold. we are nealy ready to sign contracts. Our solicitor is demanding for flying freehold indemnity policy as so for our lender from the seller. We are currently having to pay for a indemnity policy on our property which has been requested by our buyers. The vendors solicitors are refusing point blank to pay for the policy and have said to my solictor that we should pay and sign the contract. (very rude people according to my solicitor).
    We are not happy and thinking of pulling out of the sale. we are so close and could be moved in within a month.
    Should the seller pay or the us the buyer.? anyone else had problems with flying freeholds??

    Please help!

  • #2
    Re: Flying Freehold

    Generally if there is some issue that makes a property not 100% OK legally (such as a flying freehold) the seller pays for a policy.

    However it really depends how much you want the house as there is no way you can make the sellers pay for it.
    RICHARD WEBSTERwww.rwco.co.uk
    As a conveyancing solicitor I want to be helpful (England/Wales only) but can't accept liability for this.