Welcome to the reallymoving forum
Got questions and need some advice? Our forums have answers on everything from choosing the right property, to renting and selling.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Always get a survey done

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Always get a survey done

The title says it all - Always Get A Survey Done! I know from experience - even my 4 year old new build property from Barratts has suffered a range of issues, from leaking pipes, poor installation of double glazing, a failed boiler, and minor damp issues. Although not all of these would be caught by a [...]

More: Always get a survey done

Just to update on the double glazing issue - getting a survey done to have all the double glazing replaced. Will cost in the region of £3-£5k. Ouch! Just what you don't need in the run up to Christmas, but the house will be getting really cold and draughty come Winter, so I'd rather get it done as soon as possible.

Comment

I agree that you should always get a survey done even if you are buying a property cash. There is always something that you may miss, so best to be sure!

Comment

Without fail!!! Movement in the soil can occur intern causing weakening of critical points. If you are getting a mortgage then they will insist on sending a surveyor along even for a basic mortgage survey.
        Last edited by bonetti consultants; 12-12-2007, 08:43 PM.
        Regards

bonettipropertyconsultants.co.uk

Comment

I agree with you that you should get the survey done before buying property because these are the thing that are not bought every day.

Comment

Working...
          X