Welcome to the reallymoving forum
Got questions and need some advice? Our forums have answers on everything from choosing the right property, to renting and selling.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2nd vendor U-Turn

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2nd vendor U-Turn

If a sale price has been agreed, surveys completed and solicitors ready to exchange you would think its all ready to go, but the second vendor (wife of seller) decides to block the sale can the husband get a court order to make her sign? If so how long could it take?

Re: 2nd vendor U-Turn

A long time. Ask for few thousand off the price because of the delay.

If you knew they were at loggerheads and separating/divorcing then it would have been wise to have walked away in the first place as this sort of thing can often happen.
    RICHARD WEBSTERwww.rwco.co.uk
    As a conveyancing solicitor I want to be helpful (England/Wales only) but can't accept liability for this.

Comment

I was not told of the divorce when speaking to the vendor, I was told about five days ago when my solicitor recieved a letter from the vendors solicitor. I feel that the couple where getting a divorce before my offer was accepted and this information was deliberatly witheld from me. If I had all the fact at the begining i would have never even placed an offer or got involved in this debacle

Comment

No you don't get told, but it is the kind of thing you look out for when talking to the sellers and when deciding whether or not to proceed.
        RICHARD WEBSTERwww.rwco.co.uk
        As a conveyancing solicitor I want to be helpful (England/Wales only) but can't accept liability for this.

Comment

When talking to the vendor I asked all the usual questions about why they where selling. All I was told was that him and his wife who was not present were down sizing and moving away now all their children had moved out. He said his wife had already retired and was was due to in a couple of months. I now believe I was lied to and the divorce was already underway.

Comment

Working...
          X