Welcome to the reallymoving forum
Got questions and need some advice? Our forums have answers on everything from choosing the right property, to renting and selling.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

pat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pat

not very good at organising myself for our house move. Anyone got timetable chart /tips/procedures in easy format to make sure I cover everything (tall task I know) just didn't want to reinvent something that may already be out there.

Re: pat

Just get lots of boxes, pack in advance, and prepare for unexpected delays so don't pack essentials until a moving date is *signed*.

Comment

Brian is right - preparation really is the key. If you Google "tips for moving house", there are any number of websites that offer checklists including things like reading the gas/electricity meters at your old house and your new house; notifying regular correspondents like the bank or building society, utilities, council tax people, etc.

My favourite tip is this...the last box to be placed in the removal van is the first to be unloaded. For me, that would include kettle, tea bags and cups but you might have different ideas about what would qualify as essential items. Good luck with the move.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeannie D View Post
        My favourite tip is this...the last box to be placed in the removal van is the first to be unloaded. For me, that would include kettle, tea bags and cups but you might have different ideas about what would qualify as essential items. Good luck with the move.
        I'd suggest keep it in the car with you. That way if the removal van is late arriving, you can at least get a brew on.

One time we moved long distance, but somewhere along the way, the removal van got stopped and failed a weight check - too much weight loaded forward. They had to move loads of boxes about the van before they were allowed to continue, which took a couple of hours.

Comment

Working...
        X