Welcome to the reallymoving forum
Got questions and need some advice? Our forums have answers on everything from choosing the right property, to renting and selling.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Nice, cheap areas to live in Southern England

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nice, cheap areas to live in Southern England

Hi, I am looking to sell up and move from London and wondered if anyone could recommend nice places to live possibly keeping South of the country. somewhere rural but with access to shops near by. don't mind if main town is out a bit as we drive. We want to get more for our money as well.

Thanks

Re: Nice, cheap areas to live in Southern England

Hmm. Suetstew, Would need more details to provide more information. (e.g. what do you consider as your budget, for example). Counties that rank high on desirability include places like Devon, Hampshire, kent, etc

Comment

We are budgeting between 85K - 120K max. I know South is considered quite expensive when compared to the North though so not expecting many nice places in that range.

Comment

House prices are very reasonable in the more rural areas of Somerset. I suggest trying the draw-a-search facility on Rightmove to see what might be available within your budget in the areas that you might want to consider. Hope this is helpful.

Comment

What about Wiltshire, just seen a 3 bed end of terrace for 120K, looks good, in a village. Needs a little bit of work....
          Letting Agents Milton Keynes www.prestigemk.com
          www.trading-standards-approved.org.uk

Comment

Working...
          X