Welcome to the reallymoving forum
Got questions and need some advice? Our forums have answers on everything from choosing the right property, to renting and selling.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.


No announcement yet.

Good building surveyor in Bristol or north somerset?

  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Good building surveyor in Bristol or north somerset?

    Hi all,
    I'm really hoping that someone on here can recommend a good building surveyor in Bristol or North Somerset for a full structural survey on an old house. Our offer on the house has been accepted but because its over 200 years old we really want to make sure we get a proper structural survey done before signing. While the house itself appears sound (thick stone walls) we have concerns over the roof, the high boundary wall that holds the raised garden up (was the back wall of victorian cottages, now long gone) and other issues.
    Can anyone suggest a good surveyor? Despite a lot of internet searches we haven't found any other reviews yet. Quotes so far range from over £900 to £300 (who were the friendliest and actually seemed to listen to us instead of talking over anything we were saying as the most expensive one did!!)
    I would really appreciate help on this...


  • #2
    Re: Good building surveyor in Bristol or north somerset?

    Hi Tracey,

    I too am looking for a good structural surveyor in South Bristol - did you have any luck?

    Thanks in advance.



    • #3
      Re: Good building surveyor in Bristol or north somerset?

      Surveyors who are prepared to speak to you and explain things in a way you understand are invaluable. My recommendation is to always deal with these type of surveyors if you can.

      You can check out the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (RICS) website and find a local surveyor.

      Best of luck

      Castle Surveyors Limited