Welcome to the reallymoving forum
Got questions and need some advice? Our forums have answers on everything from choosing the right property, to renting and selling.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ask for copies of Vendors utility bills?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ask for copies of Vendors utility bills?

Hi all,

I am in the process of buying a house. I have another thread relating to an issue with the conservatory not being separated from the lounge as its open plan.

I asked the vendor how this affect the heating bills and he said it was not a problem but as they have mislead us multiple times now I am not going to take their word for it.

Would it be reasonable to request a copy of their latest utility bills?

Thanks in advance....

Re: Ask for copies of Vendors utility bills?

It would not be a standard question but having said that there is no reason why you can't ask - whether you would be able to work anything out about the effect of a lack of a door to the conservatory from the bills it is doubtful.
    RICHARD WEBSTERwww.rwco.co.uk
    As a conveyancing solicitor I want to be helpful (England/Wales only) but can't accept liability for this.

Comment

Re: Ask for copies of Vendors utility bills?

Originally posted by Richard Webster View Post
      It would not be a standard question but having said that there is no reason why you can't ask - whether you would be able to work anything out about the effect of a lack of a door to the conservatory from the bills it is doubtful.
      Thanks Richard, Yes I was thinking what would I do with the information when I got it as I don't have anything to compare it to.

I guess I am worried about if we bought it and were then hit with massive heating bills when the vendor has previously told us it isn't a problem.

Comment

Working...
      X