Welcome to the reallymoving forum
Got questions and need some advice? Our forums have answers on everything from choosing the right property, to renting and selling.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Buy to Let tough barrier scenario's?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Buy to Let tough barrier scenario's?

I currently have a buy to let mortgage in principle that states a minimum lend value by Halifax. Is this the same throughout typical lenders?

My frustration is related to repo's coming on the market presenting a great opportunity to buy, however, if a purchase is made less than 40K Halifax will not lend?

Some repo properties at the low end of the market 40-50K, now appear out of the question unless I purchase for the minimal lend or above minimising the scope for negotiation?

I have two key scenario's I would love some insight on?

1. I have 10K deposit which is 25% of a properties agreed sale at 40K, my mortgage therefore will be on the remaining 30K, will the banks still lend @30K?

2. I want to place an offer 30% less of the sale price 50K = 35K, of which I have 25% deposit of an agreed sale @ 35K = £8,750, leaving a mortgage of only £26,250.00. Will a buy to let lender offer support at this level?

Many thanks,

Dave
Working...
X