Welcome to the reallymoving forum
Got questions and need some advice? Our forums have answers on everything from choosing the right property, to renting and selling.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.


No announcement yet.

Mortgage on right to buy council property

  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Mortgage on right to buy council property

    My Mum has just been granted the ‘Right to Buy’ her council property (in London). She hasn’t got the funds but I have. Can I get the mortgage in MY name or does it have to be in my Mum’s name?

    Any advice would be much appreciated.
    Thank you.

  • #2
    Re: Mortgage on right to buy council property

    Mu understanding is that the mortgage will have to be in your mum's name, however the local council may permit you to go on the mortgage (and deeds) in some circumstances - you should speak to your council and see what their position is.

    Good luck
    Large mortgages and High Net Worth Mortgages from enness private clients