Welcome to the reallymoving forum
Got questions and need some advice? Our forums have answers on everything from choosing the right property, to renting and selling.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can anyone help me out

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can anyone help me out

Hi all, and forgive me but i am a noob

OK - where do i start lol, im a male aged 25 and currently living with mum who live's in a council property, she recently made an application under the right to buy scheme and was successful.
    The house is a 3 bedroom type with front/back garden semi detatched and it was valued at 80k but its being offerd for 56k as she has an automatic discount of upto 24k which is the maximum anyone is allowed.
    So - i want to buy it for her and the 2 yonger siblings so they have somthing (future wise) but im 100% new to this game so i need the best advice possible, do i take out a lone or a mortage if so who how where is the place to take it?

house is up for 56k and i have 32k as a deposit is this a good start ?
    i earn around 15000 a year, roughly - and im mega tight ( not thru choice ) so my monthly commitments are as little as 100 pounds
    I have never ever had a credit card in my life, never taken out a loan or mortage (obviously) so there is nothing bad to say about myself.

i hope someone can shed some light on this for me many thanks for reading....
    Last edited by stereo_amplifier_9800; 17-07-2011, 12:14 PM.

Re: Can anyone help me out

Not sure if there are some typos errors in there!
    £15,000 a month income you would get a loan for £24,000 you need after using your £32,000 deposit almost anywhere!

I am not sure you will be able to buy it in YOUR NAME without losing the right to buy discount. You need to check this as well.
    BRAND NEW HOMES
    Information for UK new home buyers
    New Home Blog The latest news and views

Comment

EDIT: 15000gbp a year, the house would be in mums name as its for her im simply going to get the money together and then take care of paying it all off, so with a 32k deposit would i be able to get this sorted, i have no bad credit rating what so ever as ive never borrowed in my life so im hoping it will be simple'ish

Comment

Hi Stereo amplifier

That's an amazing thing you're doing. Take a loom at our website since it's designed to shed light on the whole buying process for first time buyers.

Good luck!

Dan
        Free Guides For First Time Buyers!

www.FirstTimeBuyerGuru.com

Comment

Working...
        X