Welcome to the reallymoving forum
Got questions and need some advice? Our forums have answers on everything from choosing the right property, to renting and selling.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

No reply from my offer - please help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No reply from my offer - please help

Hi, I’m looking for a little advice regarding property purchase;

I viewed a property Tuesday 14th June then again on Friday 17th June and on Friday 17th June I put in an offer with the estate agent. Estate agent advised that it was a good offer and he would recommend that it be accepted.

The estate agents are acting for solicitors as the property is going through probate.

I heard nothing from the estate agent and chased on the following Tuesday 21st June. Estate agent said he had no reply from the solicitor. I chased again today and was told the estate agent dealing me was out of the office.

It’s been 8 working days (12 days inc. weekends) since my offer was submitted and I’ve heard nothing, is this normal? Should I have, at least, received a letter from the estate agent confirming my offer to his client?

Re: No reply from my offer - please help

As with all agents, ask for your offer to be put in writing, with yourself and the solicitor getting a copy

All estate agents work a little quicker when they've put their name on headed paper

The probate situation can slow the sale a little but the property is being marketed by the agent so the probabte will be in place

12 days is too long for a reply to an offer, phone again and ask to speak to the manager and also ask for a letter confirming your offer to the solicitor

THC

Comment

Re: No reply from my offer - please help

Hi THC, thanks for your reply.
      I’ll speak to the agent tomorrow and ask for my offer in writing. Unfortunately the office is a very small one; only three staff, and I the guy I’m dealing with is the manager!
      Do you know if, in a probate situation, it’s normal for the solicitor to have been instructed as to what the minimum offer acceptable is? Or would the solicitor just act as a go between for agent and client?

Comment

Working...
      X