Welcome to the reallymoving forum
Got questions and need some advice? Our forums have answers on everything from choosing the right property, to renting and selling.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

mortgage deposit

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mortgage deposit

Hi if I buy a property valued at £93,500 and the vendor sells it to me for £80,000 how much deposit will I need if the loan to value is 75%

Re: mortgage deposit

Well if the RICS valuation is according to the circa 90k mark then the deposit required would be 23,375

the basic formula would be [RICS VALUATION * 0.25 = DEPOSIT REQUIRED]

Thanks

Comment

Most lenders base their loan on the purchase price making a deposit of 20K

Comment

Hi if I buy a property valued at £93,500 and the vendor sells it to me for £80,000 how much deposit will I need if the loan to value is 75%
        Why is the vendor prepared to sell it to OP for £80K. Is he a friend or family?

Or is the situation that someone suggested that the property be marketed for £93.5K and there have been no takers? if the latter then the value is what you are paying, £80K, therefore you will need to find £20K.

If seller is family/good friend and wants to gift you some of the excess value and the lender's surveyor is convinced it really is worth £93.5K then possibly lender will lend 75% of £93,500 = £70,125 and therefore you would need £9,875.

A fee that a lender charges a borrower that allows the borrower to lock in an interest rate for a certain time period with the expectation that the borrower's mortgage will fund within that time period. The longer the lock period, the larger the required lock deposit.
        Don't think this has anything to do with the question being asked.
        RICHARD WEBSTERwww.rwco.co.uk
        As a conveyancing solicitor I want to be helpful (England/Wales only) but can't accept liability for this.

Comment

The value of anything is what someone is willing to pay for it.. in my experience the lender would see the value as the 'lower' of the 2 values, i.e £80k therefore £20k deposit.

Good luck

Comment

Hi

You'll need 25% of the sale price but when your mortgage lender makes their own valuation they should stick to this unless they decide it's worth LESS than what you're paying (although it sounds like this won't be the case)

Best of luck
            Free Guides For First Time Buyers!

www.FirstTimeBuyerGuru.com

Comment

The purchase price is the figure that the lender uses for calculating the deposit amount. Regardless of whether you, the estate agent or the landlord think its worth £93,500, the lender will disregard this figure if you are buying it for £80k.
              Anthony
              Compare the Mortgage Market
              http://www.comparethemortgagemarket.com

Comment

You can consult a financial advisor to see if there’s a lender on the market, that requires a less deposit and lend more for the house. On your valuation it seems that a 20k is required.
                We have debt solutions to help you get out of debt problems

Comment

You do not have to provide 25% deposit either, there are alright 90% - 95% deals available still. You could do with a quick chat to an adviser I think.
                  Anthony
                  Compare the Mortgage Market
                  http://www.comparethemortgagemarket.com

Comment

If you are a first time buyer then 90% LTV could be achieved, in this case you will be ok unless you mention to the lender you are purchasing at 80k.

Comment

If you cant work that out you shouldnt be getting a mortgage!
                      BRAND NEW HOMES
                      Information for UK new home buyers
                      New Home Blog The latest news and views

Comment

Working...
                      X