Welcome to the reallymoving forum
Got questions and need some advice? Our forums have answers on everything from choosing the right property, to renting and selling.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Estate Agent has asked for copy of Survey

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Estate Agent has asked for copy of Survey

The survey has thrown up a couple of things and the we are getting some contractors to quote for the work.

The estate agent has asked for a copy of the homebuyers survey. It seems reasonable I guess seeing as the vendor would want to know if there was anything genuinely wrong with the property before re-negotiating on price/remedial work.

However the report was expensive and I was wondering whether I should just be handing it over to the estate agent. Or should I just let me see the relevant extracts.

Re: Estate Agent has asked for copy of Survey

Hi openshac

Has the estate agent given you a solid reason for wanting to see the valuation?

I would say they have no rights or reasons to see any or all of the report unless you intend to negotiate on price as a result of it. And even then there's no reason they should need access to anything other than the relevant sections.

Just remember, they can request it, but certainly arent entitled to it.

All the best

Dan
    Free Guides For First Time Buyers!

www.FirstTimeBuyerGuru.com

Comment

I would just let them see the relevant parts. In the past I have had instances where a buyer has reduced an offer and said the survey value was low. In those cases, especially if it is a large amount, I have asked to see the valuation page. After all I only had their word to go on. Most agree.

Comment

Thanks for the replies, I did just that and asked which relevant sections he would like to see. He replied and said Actually for now it’s OK, not to worry,. I guess he was just trying it on. I think when it comes to renegotiating the price based on the quote for the work I will forward the relevant sections.

Comment

Glad to hear you stood your ground and it worked!

All the best,

Dan
          Free Guides For First Time Buyers!

www.FirstTimeBuyerGuru.com

Comment

I think it goes to show that getting a surveyer in to look at houses when buying is absolutely necessary. I went with collierstevens and they really helped me understand what i needed to be looking out for

Comment

if you were trying to renegotiate the price on the back of a survey then as an estate agent I would want to see it too to justify the reduction and to be armed with the right information for the sellers and advise them accordingly.

Comment

Working...
              X