Welcome to the reallymoving forum
Got questions and need some advice? Our forums have answers on everything from choosing the right property, to renting and selling.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

uneasy with situation?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• uneasy with situation?

Hello, I am hoping for a few words of wisdom or advice, me and the misus are in the process of buying, we have saw a house we like and made an offer (we already have an agreement in priniciple that we are happy with though a seperate broker than the estate agent who is advertising the property)

This is where I have been put off slightly, According to the sellers E.Agents, the seller has said our offer is too low and put forward a higher price (half way)..nothing wrong in negotiating... BUT, according to the sellers E.A, the "seller" is in the mortgage industry and has stated that the offer is based on the agreement that we use this particular estate agent to get a mortgage otherwise he would not sell?

Im not sure of the legallities but this stinks to me, is it widespread practice, should I accept it happens but use it to my advantage? i.e; agree to this but on the agreement that a lower price is agreed than is currently on the table? any advice welcome.

Re: uneasy with situation?

Have a read of section 6c of The Property Ombudsman Service's Code of Practice.

http://www.tpos.co.uk/downloads/IES0...tice_sales.pdf

Then ask the agent to put in writing to you the conditions that they are requesting.

I suspect that they will be unwilling to.

www.thomasdobner.co.uk

Comment

Thank you for the link IFA, I'm sure it will be extremely useful to a lot of people, including myself, not just the OP

Comment

Thats shocking!!!!! Tell them to eff off, threaten to pull out AND go round to the sellers and tell them why. Im sure the sellers arnt bothered where you get your finance.

Comment

Working...
        X