Welcome to the reallymoving forum
Got questions and need some advice? Our forums have answers on everything from choosing the right property, to renting and selling.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How long should i wait before............

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How long should i wait before............

I made an offer on a house yesterday morning and haven't heard anything yet. How long should i wait before contacting the agent?

Thanks x

Re: How long should i wait before............

Originally posted by homebuyer82 View Post
    I made an offer on a house yesterday morning and haven't heard anything yet. How long should i wait before contacting the agent?

Thanks x
    There is no reason they can't get back to you within 24 hours unless they have said they can't for a particular reason. For instance I have one where the owners are in Australia so ther is a time difference and another that is an executry so ther is more than one person to consult. However, I would always explain this to my buyers.

The only other time there is a delay would be if it was a repossession company. They are notorious for taking ages.

Phone them tomorrow, if you haven't already, as remember it is a holiday weekend.

Comment

Thanks for the replies. I rang the agent she said she was about to ring me lol x
      x

Comment

Originally posted by homebuyer82 View Post
        Thanks for the replies. I rang the agent she said she was about to ring me lol x
        x
        But did you get it?

Comment

Your estate agent should be the one to guide you, they will usually suggest following up after a couple of days though

Comment

Originally posted by Luke Owen View Post
            Your estate agent should be the one to guide you, they will usually suggest following up after a couple of days though
            Ah but what if you are just a buyer and don't have an agent.

Comment

Working...
            X