Welcome to the reallymoving forum
Got questions and need some advice? Our forums have answers on everything from choosing the right property, to renting and selling.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Limited Options to buy?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Limited Options to buy?

Hi All,

I am really unsure what to do here and I would really appreciate your opinions.

I have £50k inheritance due to me in a few months and clearly I would love to buy a home as this is a once in a life time opportunity to have such an amount.

I would like to use £30k as a deposit and the remaining £20k to clear any debts and for buying costs etc. I have used a mortgage calculator and spoken to an independent financial advisor and on my salary the maximum mortgage i can get is £95K.

The following options that I have been offered and I have also considered are:

1. Part buy and rent and I can get the 2 bed that i'll ideally prefer.
    2. Buy a one bed on the open market but leave Central London as that is where I currently live right now and I work in central london.
    3. Save the money and wait 5 years to see if the housing market becomes more affordable and/or I have a better job.

I am in 2 minds I want to part buy part rent but I have read horror stories for when it comes to moving. But if I buy on the open market I can only afford a one bed.

I am really lost on what to do.

Background info on me
    Still living at home
    Im only considering South East London as I know this area very well

Re: Limited Options to buy?

Have you consider an instalment contract where you can exchange contracts using vendor finance at a fraction of the deposit a bank asks for and complete when you are in a position to put a mortgage in place ?
    Adam Long

www.quickhomeseller.co.uk

Comment

Re: Limited Options to buy?

Central London is always going to be a very expensive option - have you considered areas you can commute from outside of London?

Simply that would give you more flexibility in theory.

Comment

Working...
      X