Welcome to the reallymoving forum
Got questions and need some advice? Our forums have answers on everything from choosing the right property, to renting and selling.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where best to take out a morgage other then your bank

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where best to take out a morgage other then your bank

Where else is good to buy a morgage my bank has some good deals but where else to try?

Re: Where best to take out a morgage other then your bank

Have you tried local mortgage brokers?

Banks tend to be pretty conservative about lending, but there are a number of other mortgage providers off the high street that can provide mortgages more suited to your personal circumstances, and be more flexible than the banks.

Comment

Hey cdbils001

Just to throw this into the mix, you may find it possible via things called 'bridging loans' from institutions other than banks.

Just to make this utterly clear…I AM NOT ENDORSING BRIDGING LOANS!! Why? Well the interest rates are near unaffordable (I believe the average interest rate stands at around 15%!)

However, simply as a means of quickly getting a mortgage if you're in an absolute fix, they're at least an option. I suppose they're a bit like getting a personal loan for a house!

Just type 'bridging loan' into google and im sure you'll get the full lowdown.

Dan
      Free Guides For First Time Buyers!

www.FirstTimeBuyerGuru.com

Comment

I would advice you to try a mortgage broker.

What sets mortgage brokers apart from bank loan officers is that they work with numerous lending institutions at a time. A mortgage broker will evaluate your current credit situation and ability to pay, then work to find lenders with the best available terms for you.

You are much more likely to find a larger range of options using a mortgage broker. Mortgage brokers have more to offer in terms of selection and opportunity.
        Michelle Alden- Property to Rent

Comment

Mortgage broker and comparison websites to look at deals not availible to brokers.

Comment

This depends on whether you have the time and inclination to find the right mortgage.

If you do, start at your bank. Most will offer you an advised service so will take into account your personal situation and then recommend the best product (only from their limited products).

Then use comparison website such as moneysupermarket, etc to access the mortgages only available when you apply direct. Then once you've found the cheapest mortgage you then need to contact the bank direct to make sure you meet their criteria. Once they confirmed that they will accept you, compare this product against the one your bank recommended.

It doesn't stop there, then you need to find out the best mortgage a mortgage broker can offer as they have access to mortgages not available via your bank or the internet. Once they have recommended the best deal you can then compare this with the other products you've found to see which one benefits you the most.

Obviously this is just an overview but give you an idea on at least where to start.

Good luck...

Comment

Always go with a good reputable broker, i have always used these and i get some fantastic deals, also it is a more personal service.
              www.tradesmanschoice.co.uk

Comment

Working...
              X