Welcome to the reallymoving forum
Got questions and need some advice? Our forums have answers on everything from choosing the right property, to renting and selling.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Houses split into flats: Advice please

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Houses split into flats: Advice please

Some houses that are split into two or more flats. Is buying a flat like this a good idea? For example, who is responsible for the roof, structure of the building etc. Or should I go for a flat in a block?

Also some of the flats that I've seen in blocks near train stations look really old and run down (i.e. old 60s buildings). Is there a risk they could be demolished in the future and what would my rights be?

Please could you advise me on what is the safest idea. Many thanks

Re: Houses split into flats: Advice please

who is responsible for the roof, structure of the building etc.
    It all depends on what is in the lease!!!!!!

I have to keep saying this.

Where there are no shared internal areas it is likely that the individual lessees will be responsible for their part of the building, but this does not always follow.

This is all explained further in Flats - Maintenance Responsibilities in Leases
    RICHARD WEBSTERwww.rwco.co.uk
    As a conveyancing solicitor I want to be helpful (England/Wales only) but can't accept liability for this.

Comment

Working...
    X