Welcome to the reallymoving forum
Got questions and need some advice? Our forums have answers on everything from choosing the right property, to renting and selling.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Vendors refuse to move out

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vendors refuse to move out

Hi all,

Let me start by saying we love this house and it has taken us ages to find one we both like and feel homely in.

We put an offer in for the full asking price in March (It's now December) and as such had a survey done on the property to support the mortgage application.

However the vendors are refusing to move out as they have not yet found somewhere themselves and do not wish to move into rented accomodation.

We have tried everything including threatening to pull out but all they have said is that they'll understand if we do. We've almost reached a point of completing on another property but it doesn't compare to the original house.

We even offered to move into rented our accomodation ourselves if they'd agree to a definite completion date by next June!! but they even refused that saying they may not have found anything by then!

Any advice is greatly appreciated

Andy

Re: Vendors refuse to move out

There's nothing you can do to make them move out, but as I have said on another forum I am suprised you even offered if they were so indecisive about finding anything to buy. Walk away form this one, and may be also from the one that you are not really happy with you were buying as second best. perhaps there is yet another one that will be even batter than the first if you wait for it.
    RICHARD WEBSTERwww.rwco.co.uk
    As a conveyancing solicitor I want to be helpful (England/Wales only) but can't accept liability for this.

Comment

Unfortunately, you get these sort of people - they offer their property for sale, and then even after apparently agreeing to sale, just won't move out. Happened to my mum, the last two times she moved.

Comment

That's so frustrating, surely there is some sort of law or contract that makes them have to move or compensate you for the inconvenience?!

Comment

Working...
        X