Welcome to the reallymoving forum
Got questions and need some advice? Our forums have answers on everything from choosing the right property, to renting and selling.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

First Time Buyer - Buying Repo...Help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First Time Buyer - Buying Repo...Help!

Hi, Im a newbie and require help with the above.

I have had an offer accepted on a repo and after havin spent £265 on valuation, £76 on searching charges and £445 on mortgage broker only to find out that a higher offer has been made.

Where do I stand with this? Am I able to claim any monies back as the solicitor is about to exchange contracts?

Help Please ASAP. Thanks in anticipation.

Re: First Time Buyer - Buying Repo...Help!

My offer was accepted two weeks ago and an offer has been placed today.

Comment

Who do you think you could claim from? Nobody has entered into any contract with you.

That's the risk you take when you buy a repo. They are usually cheaper than other similar properties but come with this sort of risk.
      RICHARD WEBSTERwww.rwco.co.uk
      As a conveyancing solicitor I want to be helpful (England/Wales only) but can't accept liability for this.

Comment

Repo's are marketed up until the point of exchange of contracts as 'best price' has to be evident that it is being achieved.

Comment

Originally posted by Richard Webster View Post
          Who do you think you could claim from? Nobody has entered into any contract with you.

That's the risk you take when you buy a repo. They are usually cheaper than other similar properties but come with this sort of risk.
          That's the point I marked.
          We have debt solutions to help you get out of debt problems

Comment

Working...
          X