Welcome to the reallymoving forum
Got questions and need some advice? Our forums have answers on everything from choosing the right property, to renting and selling.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

easily afford mortgage yet cant get credit - help

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• easily afford mortgage yet cant get credit - help

Hi,

I am totally new to this forum so I though it best to start off with a big friends Hi.

Perhaps someone can help me here. Currently we rent a council property and have done for the last 3 years now. The house is very over crowded and we want to buy somewhere bigger, better and generally have the experience of owning out own home.

Problem being that although I can easily afford up to £900 per month on a mortgage, we just cannot get one for love nor money due to my rather awful credit rating.

Is there anything that I can do or perhaps something that I am missing out on? I know that renting would be another option however they again do a credit check which puts me back to stage one.

Anyone know where I can go?

Thanks

Re: easily afford mortgage yet cant get credit - help

Big friend Hi,

Really depends on how 'awful' your credit rating is and what percentage loan to value you are looking to borrow at. You also do not state who you have applied to or whether you have spoken to a 'whole of market' mortgage broker to advise you. If you haven't spoken to a broker I would suggest that could be your next step as they will have local knowledge of who may accept your application. Take your credit report as this will help them to see what the lenders will see and hopefully they could tell you without any further credit searches. Obtain your credit report from Experian.

Good Luck
    Any posts by myself within this website are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice.

Comment

Working...
    X