Welcome to the reallymoving forum
Got questions and need some advice? Our forums have answers on everything from choosing the right property, to renting and selling.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Buying a property, can i get a reduction without changing my mortgage?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Buying a property, can i get a reduction without changing my mortgage?

I am in the process of buying a 1960's home, everything is underway however i have now found an issue with the loft conversion.
    It looks as though 2 structural beams need to be added, the whole job should cost around £6k.
    I want to negotiate this cost with the seller, what options have i got?
    I cant ask them to reduce the asking price as due the the value of the house with the discount my mortgage company would refuse to lend the money based on the percentage i am borrowing.
    Is there a way of getting the seller to send me a payment on exchange of contracts?
    By doing this our mortgage would not be affected, we would be able to continue with the purchase and be able to get the work done and the seller will get their sale.

Thanks All
    Any Advice would be much appreciated

Re: Buying a property, can i get a reduction without changing my mortgage?

Is there a way of getting the seller to send me a payment on exchange of contracts?
    By doing this our mortgage would not be affected
    If the seller's obligation to make the payment goes in the contract then your solicitor will have to tell your lender and that will have the same effect of reducing their offer. If it doesn't go in the contract how do you know the seller will pay the money?

Better method is get the seller to have the work done at his cost.
    RICHARD WEBSTERwww.rwco.co.uk
    As a conveyancing solicitor I want to be helpful (England/Wales only) but can't accept liability for this.

Comment

Re: Buying a property, can i get a reduction without changing my mortgage?

Hi
      I read your massage and i ensure that you can get a reduction without changing mortgage .
      Thanks

Comment

Working...
      X