Welcome to the reallymoving forum
Got questions and need some advice? Our forums have answers on everything from choosing the right property, to renting and selling.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Looking to buy a property to renovate.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking to buy a property to renovate.

Hi everyone, just singed up.

Bit of basic info about me, I'm 22, In a decent job which makes me £19k a year ( not that great pay wise ) and I've been saving for the past 3 years as I'd like to go into the property market and eventually buy a house/flat, renovate it, then sell it on for a large profit.

Obviously I'm not naieve and I know it's not this simple. There will be a lot of tough times and will take a lot of effort and planning before I even think about parting with my savings.

At the moment I don't have any bills or outgoings, so when I make £1,400 a month, £1,400 goes into that saving.

I've got between £16,000-£17,000 at the moment, but I'd like to have £25-£27 before I get serious.

I'm just here to generally learn everything there is to know. I'm the type of person who'll like to know everything, from loans, mortgages, locations, before taking such a big step in my life.

I'm lucky enough to have a very generous father who can back me financially if I put a good plan forward to him. If I show intent and purpose along with a good plan and a great potential end result - he's more than happy to back me in anything I do.

To cut a long story short, I'm here today to learn and gain knowledge so I can ultimately make a lot of money... I mean aren't we all?

Can anyone give me any advice, ask any questions you like, or simply point me in the right direction regarding a website so I can read from if possible.

I'll come back tomorrow and check any responses I get. Cheers people.

Re: Looking to buy a property to renovate.

I think you may need to ask some more specfic questions, to get suitable replies.
    Also I think Google will provide you with hundreds of helpful websites for research

Comment

Re: Looking to buy a property to renovate.

Hi Bobby,

The best advice I can give is do your homework on a purchase before you commit to buy. You make money when you BUY a property not when you SELL it!
      Also you need to be able to move quickly as the ones which are a bargain go fast.
      The first investment property we got took 5 mths to find because we were nervous about buying, now we can make a decision within 20 mins!
      That`ll come with experience.

Comment

Working...
      X