Welcome to the reallymoving forum
Got questions and need some advice? Our forums have answers on everything from choosing the right property, to renting and selling.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

No announcement yet.

Wind Or Solar

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wind Or Solar

When we looked at buying a new house, we searched all the builders where we were moving to, and not a single company could offer us Wind or Solar power in the build. The times we live in, I think house builders should be considering these and other energy efficient devices. I would have certainly paid extra for them, instead of ending up with a house fitted with halogen downlighters everywhere.

Yes I agree you would think that more people would offer it when building a house. I have a friend that has solor panels in the roof and they love it.

It's a very good point to make - it would certainly be an interesting option.

I think the big problem, though, is that these can add thousands to the cost of a home, and with property prices already generally regarded as unaffordable, I think demand in concert with increased pricing might not be so good.

You're right about the prices to do it. I just would think that if they want people to conserve energy that they would make it more affordable. But I guess that is just wishfull thinking on my part.

I have often wondered if these were offered in other areas. I know I live in a small town and not many even in the larger town are "advanced" in technology. I think that these options should come standard now.. Even if it were just a few lights here and there or heat etc.. anything to conserve energy.

Re: Wind Or Solar

That's a great idea. I think house builders should think about this, even the government should think about reducing taxes for the construction of such kind of buildings. Because it would bring the country a lot of benefits.
            Solar power for homes is a green way to cut electricity bills

Re: Wind Or Solar

You would think that wind and solar services would be on their way up since the England is committed to reducing carbon dioxide emissions by 60% before 2050 to help tackle global warming.

I am a huge fan of using renewable energy and think all new houses that are being built should have some sort of solar of wind technology installed...even if it just powers the lights etc. Also in the long run it would save a owner of the home money as they would not have to pay for the extra electricity to pay for what the solar and wind power is powering and also money can be made from the power not used by selling it back to the grid
              Evans Removals: Home Removal, Office Removal