Welcome to the reallymoving forum
Got questions and need some advice? Our forums have answers on everything from choosing the right property, to renting and selling.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help & Advise The First Time Property Buyer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help & Advise The First Time Property Buyer

Hi All,

I come from HK and expected to move to UK in 4-5 years later. To pave the way, I planned to buy a house for buy-to-let first and then for settle down.

Which city, other than London, in UK is recommended (specially in considering the crime rate / safety, easy to let and overall living environment)?

Please tell me what should I pay special attention to and the general procedure of buying a house in UK as an overseas buyer.

Many Thanks
    Last edited by KF Lee; 10-09-2010, 05:12 AM.

Re: Help & Advise The First Time Property Buyer

If you are buying a house in the near future a good solicitor should be your number one priority, as you will be heavily relying on them for the vast majority of your house buying tasks, including property searches, drawing up contracts and insuring the funds are transferred from mortgage company to seller appropriately. When it comes to choosing the city to settle in, It depends on your needs. But, if you are considering safety, avoid Scotland because Ive read that it is the worst in UK for fighting crime.

Comment

Re: Help & Advise The First Time Property Buyer

If you are looking to buy for investment purposes it is always important to buy in the best ( most expensive area) you can. The saying goes, always buy the worst property on the best road, rather than the best property on the worst road. When i say investment purposes i am refering to the capital value rather than any yield you might acheive by renting the property out.

If you cant afford Central London and if you are considering Southern England, have a look at a Town called Reading. Upgrades in the Train services to London will make this one to watch......

Richard
      Property Buying Agent
      Follow my blog: www.thamesandchilterns.county-homesearch.co.uk

Comment

Working...
      X