Welcome to the reallymoving forum
Got questions and need some advice? Our forums have answers on everything from choosing the right property, to renting and selling.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Identifying Ex-council homes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• drhouse
    replied
    Re: Identifying Ex-council homes

Originally posted by Gmitch2000 View Post
    I am looking to move home at the moment, but do want to identify former council houses before viewing.

I know that they can be a good move for many people, but as there can be issues such as higher insurance and fluctuating property prices I have decided they are not for me and would like to avoid formal local authority homes.

Does anyone know where I can see council estates on the internet as I would like to know before making a wasted journey to make a viewing on a property that is not suitable.

Many thanks.
    Usually if you ask the selling agent they will tell you. Alternatively use google earth or street view and enter the postcode and a wider view will show the surrounding area.

Leave a comment:

• Gmitch2000
    started a topic Identifying Ex-council homes

Identifying Ex-council homes

I am looking to move home at the moment, but do want to identify former council houses before viewing.

I know that they can be a good move for many people, but as there can be issues such as higher insurance and fluctuating property prices I have decided they are not for me and would like to avoid formal local authority homes.

Does anyone know where I can see council estates on the internet as I would like to know before making a wasted journey to make a viewing on a property that is not suitable.

Many thanks.
Working...
X