Welcome to the reallymoving forum
Got questions and need some advice? Our forums have answers on everything from choosing the right property, to renting and selling.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.


No announcement yet.

No HIP Wot about EPC's

  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • No HIP Wot about EPC's

    Just a quick post regarding the question "Where do I get an EPC from and how much will it cost me!"

    Now the sun is setting on the short life of the HIP we ask where did the EPC come from. Well as an Enery Assessor and qualified Home Inspector I partly relied on the PC panel to provide me with some work. I will encourage anybody looking to sell a property to look locally for an independant Energy Assessor for the value for money. I am paid £30.00 for completing an EPC for Panel work. I pay £7.50 to lodge the EPC, travelling upto 30 miles. The panel charges £60-70 and the HIP provider charges anything up to £90.00. Its agreed that the Energy Assessor has to be properly regulated and is providing a professional service. I am regulated by RICS and have montly QA quotas to meet.

    The bottom line is to sell your house approach a local Energy Assesor with local knowledge and you should be paying no more than £45.00 for your EPC on a property with 4 or less bedrooms.

  • #2
    Re: No HIP Wot about EPC's

    I know where you can get an EPC anywhere in the UK for less than £47.00 inc VAT.

    Would post a link but I am too lowly.

    So I suggest you type (into google) "28 Days to Produce an EPC" and click on the top banana