Welcome to the reallymoving forum
Got questions and need some advice? Our forums have answers on everything from choosing the right property, to renting and selling.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Question about freehold/leasehold

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about freehold/leasehold

Hi there I've just bought my first house and I'm a bit unsure about the best thing to do regarding the lease? I have bought a 3 bed semi which cost 125k it has 63 years remaining on the lease and the ground rent is £60 per year.Could anyone give me a very rough price what I should be expecting to pay to purchase the freehold? The company who deals with the lease want £130 just to give me a price,I read that it's possible to extend the lease aswell what sort of costs are involved in this?

Re: Question about freehold/leasehold

Didn't your solicitor warn you about the lease length when you bought? If not, see another solicitor about suing him for negligence.

I would have told you not to buy unless the seller first arranged an extension. Was it a lot cheaper than similar freehold houses?
    RICHARD WEBSTERwww.rwco.co.uk
    As a conveyancing solicitor I want to be helpful (England/Wales only) but can't accept liability for this.

Comment

Working...
    X