Welcome to the reallymoving forum
Got questions and need some advice? Our forums have answers on everything from choosing the right property, to renting and selling.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do I extend my Mortgage offer?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do I extend my Mortgage offer?

Hello

Can anyone help? I am in the process of buying my first house, all was going well until our sellers pulled out of the property they were buying, they have since found another property and everyone in the chain is ready to exchange except them. They are doing everythign they can so we can get to exchange by May 28th (in order to be able to complete before June 9th when our mortage expires) but it is such a short amount of time we have been advised to apply for an extension on our mortgage offer. We were told to contact our solictor and get her to write a letter outlining why we need an extension, but she says she has nothing to do with it and we should contact the bank directly. Has anyone else been through this?

Thanks so much for your help in advance

Re: How do I extend my Mortgage offer?

Definately contact your mortgage lender, ideally face to face if possible otherwise by phone and explain the circumstances. See what they say but bear in mind that the banks took (in their eyes) a hammering recently and don't seem to be overly client sensitive at the minute just concerned about clawing back some of the money they lost. Still can't hurt to try.
    George F White
    Chartered Surveyors with offices across Northumberland, County Durham and Yorkshire
    http://www.georgefwhite.co.uk

Comment

Re: How do I extend my Mortgage offer?

Don't know if this is the right thread, but can one get a mortgage on a house that is owned outright?

Comment

Working...
      X