Welcome to the reallymoving forum
Got questions and need some advice? Our forums have answers on everything from choosing the right property, to renting and selling.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Renting or Buying

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Renting or Buying

Hey everyone

I have just joined today. I am looking to move out from my parents house in the next few months but I am really tore between whether to rent or to buy.

Alot of people say I should stay at home and save money rather than rent, but is renting not the cheaper option?

Thanks very much for your time.

Re: Renting or Buying

Staying at home is usually the cheaper option as parent rarely charge their children market rates on rent!

At this point, a deposit will do you in good stead, but it really depends as to whether you are reasonably comfortable still living with them. :

Comment

Either renting or buying, you still have to deal with some form of payment. So my advice is see which option is cheaper for you and go for it . Goodluck broh...

Comment

It’s an interesting dilemma. Personally, you should be saving to eventually buy a property, rather than renting. With the market in it’s current state, it will incredibly difficult to get a mortgage and renting will take up a large percentage of your earnings each month.

Comment

What you decide to do really will be determined by where you want to live. House prices and rentals vary across the country and in some areas buying property will be a better idea than renting, and visa versa. If you are looking at London, maybe renting is the best idea at the moment.
          London Commercial Property

Comment

Working...
          X