Welcome to the reallymoving forum
Got questions and need some advice? Our forums have answers on everything from choosing the right property, to renting and selling.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can i purchase a house with planning permission pending?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can i purchase a house with planning permission pending?

Hi,

I'm buying my grandfathers old house off my mother. I want to extend it so have had the plans drawn up and my mother has applied for detailed planning permission. I am now in a position to buy the house can i do this with planning permission pending?? Or will i have to re apply?

Many thanks

Ian

Re: Can i purchase a house with planning permission pending?

So far as I understand it, the planning permission process should not effect the sale - you should be able to buy regardless as to whether planning process is completed - though the caveat is that if the planning is rejected, this may obviously change your perception of the sale!

Comment

Re: Can i purchase a house with planning permission pending?

Ian,

You are welcome to purchase a property with planning permission pending. The reason many poeple would wait is because as Brian says it has affect the value of the property once the planning decision has been made.

Good luck!

Comment

Working...
      X